Thursday, April 12, 2018

Scenes from 3 rolls of Kodak Portra 400

Working on a photo essay about vulnerability and the anxiety that can be caused from non-verbal communication. How painful is it when you are left waiting for a text message response from someone close? Or from some new interest that you just met? The cute person on the dating app you just matched with? It's pretty fucking painful if you ask me, but beautiful and relatable too. These are the outtakes from my afternoon session with my friend Tatevik as my model to explore these emotions. Shooting both 35mm and 120mm on Portra 400. 

We were in some tight quarters and I really wish I had a wider angle lens. I've been out of the game for a minute and my eye for composition has definitely slipped down a level. Shot a 50mm with my Minolta SLR and then an 80mm for my Mamiya 645S. 






























2 comments:

  1. holy shit man these are great. I really really like the medium format stuff its on point. esp #2, 10,11. I guess im a sucker for that foreground blur

    ReplyDelete