Tuesday, July 26, 2016

LA to Zurich to Barcelona




Flying out of Los Angeles
I don't think I actually thought this trip would happen until the minute I got on the plane to Barcelona. I flew out of LAX and almost missed my flight. They told me my bag would not make it on my plane, but I couldn't argue because I had only 25 minutes to get through security. I just ran through the terminal (which is hard to do with an injured knee) half panicked and half amused. Panicked because I realized all my planning couldn't save me now and amused because I would have a great story to tell Carlos when I got to the boarding terminal. I made the flight and these photos are proof.


We had a layover in Zurich. The airport had one drinking fountain, but lots of art. An interesting observation for someone who had never been to Europe before. Say what you will about the Swiss because I think it is all true. Then again, I never left the airport so I could be wrong.

Carlos; layover in Zurich, Switzerland



Dinnertime

Gud Boy
Our AirBnB was courtesy of a semi-neurotic artist; she was lovely, but in the way that a bee buzzes around a flower lovely. It was the top floor of an unassuming apartment duplex with a sunny deck to drink Spanish wine on. The host's art was everywhere and we immediately became expert art critics. Looking back, I really liked this place. I was a little sad we didn't come back to it after we returned from Morocco. 

Lazy Afternoons in the AirBnB

We stayed up all night and slept most of the mornings away. We learned that the metro opens at 6AM; the first trains usually filled with the juxtaposed mixture of late night party goers and early rising salary men and women.

Neighbors Laundry


Street I want to live on
Barcelona is very livable. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it has something to do with the feeling you get from the city. Maybe its the uniform height of the buildings (I saw only one skyscraper) or maybe its the age of the buildings. The people also seem to have an infectious attitude for loving life.

Either way the city is beautiful and I would like to live there.


"Will you hold my ice cream Kasia?"


Other neighbor doing laundry. Cool skateboards.


Dear Diary,


Sweet little bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment