Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Barcelona : Tapas are for lovers




Mr. Popular himself. This was a bank on the corner from our apartment and I was thinking about using their slogan in a picture for a few days. With some wine and some luck the opportunity came naturally.

Tapas are a great excuse to get together with friends to just hangout. It is casual eating, no fancy white napkins are needed, but the food is gourmet. 

Armun took us to his favorite tapas bar "Gatamala" for our first experience in Barcelona. Like most tapas places I saw it was small and cozy. The owner made us feel right at home with her no nonsense hospitality and Spanish humor. My favorite part about her was that she made fun of Armun just like we do. 

I don't take pictures of food, but this is us outside the bar after having eaten a lot of tapas and having drunk just as many cervezas.


Post Tapas. Get it?

Armun at the entrance to Gatamala

Neighbors laundry in black and white

City Street. Walkscore 99.

The most beautiful...

We were trying to find a certain plaza so we stopped for Armun to ask for directions. Then I caught Kasia eye-boning me.

We decided to go up onto a hill above the city to watch the sunset. One bus ride and a short hike later we arrived at a not so secret vista. People go to the spot to picnic, cuddle, or  just to catch their breath away from the sounds of the city.

Pictures of people taking pictures

View of Barcelona. You can see the Barcelona Cathedral and the Mediterranean Sea because of the blessed few skyscrapers.


Spanish Lovers. Just a nice couple enjoying a cuddle that I decided to creep on.

The other side of the hill
Me and Jackson sipping vino. I think Carlos took this one.

The bestest view I ever sawed

Slurricaned
 There is art everywhere in Barcelona, which is another reason the city is amazing. I especially liked these little installations found on prominent street corners. Every neighborhood has different ones to showcase their unique flavor.

I got Kasia to pose under one of my favorite corner signs

Street Art
 If you go see La Sagrada Familia make sure to take a guided tour, it's worth it.

Inside the Cathedral. Looks better in color.

Stairwell in the Cathedral

The stained glass windows presented lots of good light. I made Jackson my model. 

No comments:

Post a Comment